Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa is suitable for candidates who have completed their engineering from recognized institutions or universities and are keen to gain Australian work experience. The applicant can be inside or outside Australia during the Subclass 476 visa application process. But during the grant time, the applicant should necessarily be out of Australia unless he is a citizen of New Zealand under the subclass 444 of special category visa.
The candidate should have done engineering at any of the following levels:
1. Should have a bachelor’s degree or,
2. A master’s degree or,
3. A doctoral degree or,
4. A post-graduation diploma.
The engineering specialists include civil engineers, structural engineers, electrical engineers, electronic engineers, mechanics engineers, environmental engineers, plant and production engineers, chemical engineers, mining and material engineers, etc. the engineering qualification should have been completed from foreign institutions.
1. The candidate should be below 31 years of age during the making of the application.
2. The last qualification (degree) obtained must not be older than 2 years.
3. He should provide proper proof of his English language skills by passing any approved English language assessment.
This Australian visa helps the candidates to stay in the country for 18 months without any restriction . During this 18 months he can choose to work, study and visit any place of his interest. During this time, if he is eligible for PR visa as per the norms, he can also apply for Australia permanent residency under the points based immigration system.